Verizon Joins the Z-Wave AllianceWireless & Mobile Wednesday, 22. February 2012
MILPITAS, CA — (Marketwire) — 02/22/12 — The Z-Wave Alliance, an open consortium of leading global companies dedicated to promoting Z-Wave as the standard in , with close to 600 interoperable products world-wide, today announced the addition of Verizon as its newest Alliance member. Verizon joins an impressive list of industry leaders in the Z-Wave Alliance, including: 2Gig Technologies, Danfoss, Evolve Guest Controls, Fakro, Sigma Designs, Ingersoll Rand, and Jasco Products.
“The Z-Wave Alliance is eager to welcome Verizon as an Alliance member,” said Mark Walters, chairman of the Z-Wave Alliance. “This membership is an extension of our partnership that was formed with the debut of Verizon-s connected home products last year. We look forward to continuing this partnership as Verizon extends its home control offerings.”
In October 2011, Verizon launched its connected home solution, , which uses Z-Wave. With this offering, Verizon provides a variety of home monitoring and energy management capabilities enabled by Z-Wave technology, which provides a cohesive experience across platforms. With the Verizon connected home solution, consumers can do things like monitor their home-s energy usage and control appliances and electronics remotely with a computer, smartphone, FiOS TV, and tablets.
“Verizon-s home monitoring and control service provides customers convenient, anytime, anywhere access and control to one of the most important things in their lives — their home,” said Ann Shaub, a director of product management for Verizon. “The Z-Wave ecosystem seamlessly connects a whole host of devices and allows our customers to control them from a computer, smartphone, or TV.”
Verizon is focused on breaking down old technology boundaries to create a borderless world where work, play and home become one virtual reality. The company-s goal is to provide anytime, anywhere connectivity to the information and the entertainment end users want on any device. Verizon anticipates that the connected home market will continue to grow in 2012.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America-s most reliable wireless network, with nearly 109 million total connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America-s most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers in more than 150 countries, including all of the Fortune 500. A Dow 30 company with $111 billion in 2011 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of nearly 194,000. For more information, visit .
Z-Wave is an award-winning, proven and interoperable wireless mesh networking technology that allows a wide array of devices in and around the home to communicate including lighting, appliances, HVAC, entertainment centers, and security systems. Developed by Sigma Designs, Z-Wave brings many benefits to everyday life including remote home monitoring, home healthcare, safety, and security, and energy conservation. Z-Wave certified products are currently available from leading consumer brands in close to 600 products world-wide. For more information about Z-Wave, please visit .
Formed in January 2005, the Z-Wave Alliance is a consortium of more than 160 leading companies in the home technology space dedicated to solidifying Z-Wave as the standard for wireless home control products. The principal members include 2Gig Technologies, Danfoss, Evolve Guest Controls, FAKRO, Ingersoll Rand, Jasco Products Company and Sigma Designs. Its members lead the home controls market, providing leading edge products and systems that deliver increased comfort, convenience, energy conservation, safety, and security. Z-Wave technology is the foundation of all products manufactured by the Alliance members. For more information about the Z-Wave Alliance, visit .
Z-Wave® is a registered trademark of Sigma Designs and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Finn Partners for Z-Wave Alliance
- FAKRO Joins the Z-Wave Alliance as its Newest Principal Member Strengthens Z-Wave’s Lead In the European Home Controls Market Fremont, 14. March 2008 - The Z-Wave Alliance, an open consortium of leading global companies dedicated to establishing Z-Wave as the standard in wireless home control, today announced the addition of FAKRO, one of the leading roof window manufactures in the world, as its newest principal member. FAKRO joins an impressive list of industry leaders including; Cooper Wiring Devices, Danfoss, Intel, Intermatic, Leviton, Logitech, Univ...
- Z-Wave Alliance Welcomes Mark Walters as Chairman Z-Wave-s Rapid Growth and Market Success Paves the Way for Walters Joining Alliance...
- 15th Z-Wave Alliance Unplug Fest and Developer Forum in Copenhagen Presentation by the Z-Wave Alliance of innovative products for the European home control market Copenhagen, 15. September, 2009 – The market for home control solutions in Europe is growing all the time as innovative new products continue to appear. This was clearly demonstrated at the Z-Wave Alliance Unplug Fest & Developer’s Forum, which was held recently at the Kesoni Group Facility in Copenhagen. Numerous new wireless home control appliances based on the Z-Wave standard were tested for ...
- ViaSENS Home Controller from Seluxit speaks Z-Wave Z-Wave based intelligent energy management solution enrichs European home control market 12. December 2007 - Seluxit, premier Danish vendor of intelligent energy saving solutions, announces the launch of the ViaSens home controller. The product based on the Z-Wave standard offers users an overview of the status of all devices within a household’s home control network. The ViaSens Home Controller connects to a computer via USB connection for transmitting data. The free software, especially devel...
- Zensys Announces Z-Wave Software Upgrade Offering Unrivaled Support for Battery-to-Battery Communica 5.0 Software Upgrade Further Extends Lead of Z-Wave in Wireless Home Control Fremont/Copenhagen, 17. October 2007 – Zensys, developer of the award-winning Z-Wave wireless home control standard, today announced a major software upgrade that will provide consumer electronics manufacturers developing Z-Wave-enabled products with a number of new enhancements including unmatched support for battery-to-battery communication....