NVIDIA Ushers in World-s First Tegra 3 Super Phones, Delivering Outstanding Performance and Amazing Battery LifeSemiconductors Monday, 27. February 2012
BARCELONA, SPAIN — (Marketwire) — 02/27/12 — NVIDIA announced today at Mobile World Congress the world-s first NVIDIA® ® 3 super phones, including the HTC One X, LG Optimus 4X HD, ZTE Era, Fujitsu-s Ultra High Spec Smartphone and the K-Touch Treasure V8.
The new version of for super phones runs at speeds up to 1.5 GHz. At the heart of Tegra 3 is its unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core CPU architecture that delivers outstanding performance and amazing battery life, plus a 12-core GPU, to deliver up to 5x the performance of the world-s first dual-core processor, Tegra 2.
“The year of the quad-core phone has truly begun,” said Michael Rayfield, General Manager of the Mobile business at NVIDIA. “But quad-core still isn-t enough. With Tegra 3 we built a processor with unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core architecture so that you can get great battery life and performance when you need it.”
The five new Tegra 3 super phones deliver ultra-fast web browsing, high-quality gaming and extreme multitasking — together with long battery life.
They take advantage of Tegra 3-optimized mobile games that deliver more realism, with dynamic lighting, physical effects and high resolution environments. These games are found in , NVIDIA-s free Android Market app which showcases the best games optimized for the Tegra processor.
The Tegra 3 processor for super phones runs at up to 1.5 GHz and features:
Unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core CPU architecture, including a fifth battery saver core that operates at exceptionally low power
A 12-core GeForce GPU, with up to 3x the graphics performance of the Tegra 2 processor, including support for stereoscopic 3D
New video engines with support for 1080p high profile video at 40 Mbps
(NASDAQ: NVDA) awakened the world to computer graphics when it invented the in 1999. Today, its power a broad range of products from to . NVIDIA-s are used in , and . rely on GPUs to enjoy spectacularly immersive worlds. Professionals use them to create visual effects in movies and design everything from golf clubs to jumbo jets. And researchers utilize GPUs to advance the frontiers of science with . The company holds more than 2,300 patents worldwide, including ones covering ideas essential to modern computing. For more information, see .
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to statements as to: the availability, impact and benefits of the NVIDIA Tegra 3 mobile processor; and the effects of the company-s patents on modern computing are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include: global economic conditions; our reliance on third parties to manufacture, assemble, package and test our products; the impact of technological development and competition; development of new products and technologies or enhancements to our existing product and technologies; market acceptance of our products or our partners products; design, manufacturing or software defects; changes in consumer preferences or demands; changes in industry standards and interfaces; unexpected loss of performance of our products or technologies when integrated into systems; as well as other factors detailed from time to time in the reports NVIDIA files with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, including its Form 10-Q for the fiscal period ended November 22, 2011. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on the company-s website and are available from NVIDIA without charge. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
© 2012 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo and Tegra are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
For further information, contact:
- First Tegra-Powered Smartphone Announced With NVIDIA-s Icera Modem Technology New ZTE Mimosa X Brings the NVIDIA Mobile Experience to the Mainstream Market...
- NVIDIA Delivers Quad-Core Performance in New HTC One X BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/12 -- NVIDIA today announced that its NVIDIA® ® 3 mobile processor, the world-s only 4-PLUS-1 quad-core processor, is powering the new HTC One X unveiled at Mobile World Congress. The smartphone represents the first collaboration between the two companies.The features a unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core architecture that delivers outstanding performance and exceptional battery life. It does this by progressively powering on each of its four main CPU c...
- VoltUp Extends Battery Life by 2x for Android Phones 300,000 Trial Downloads in Only Six Months...
- Update on NVIDIA-s Fourth Quarter Revenue Expectations SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/12 -- NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) today announced that it expects revenue for the fourth quarter ending Jan. 29, 2012, to be lower than the company-s previous outlook provided with its financial results for the third quarter ended Oct. 30, 2011.Revenue is now expected to be $950 million, plus or minus 1 percent, compared with original expectations of $1,066 million, plus or minus 2 percent, provided on Nov. 10, 2011.The global disk-drive shortage caused by the...
- NVIDIA Taps Industry Veteran Steve Scott to Help Shape the Future of High Performance Computing SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/10/11 -- NVIDIA today announced it plans to appoint Steve Scott, a longtime Cray Inc. executive, to help spearhead the company-s high performance computing initiative.As chief technology officer (CTO) for NVIDIA-s Tesla business unit, Scott will be responsible for the Tesla roadmap and architecture. Tesla is rapidly becoming a fundamental technology in accelerated high performance computing and is expected to be the cornerstone in the race to exascale.Scot...