Infinera Number One in 2011 North American Long Haul WDM MarketNetworking, Picture Gallery Tuesday, 28. February 2012
SUNNYVALE, CA — (Marketwire) — 02/28/12 — Infinera (NASDAQ: INFN) announced today new figures from analyst firm ACG Research, demonstrating Infinera-s number one market share position in the North American Long Haul WDM market in 2011.
ACG Research is a leading market analysis firm delivering telecom market share and forecast reports globally. ACG Research estimates that the global Long Haul WDM market increased 15% in 2011 from 2010. The North American Long Haul WDM saw a healthy increase of 9.1% quarter over quarter in 2011. In fourth quarter 2011 alone, the overall worldwide Long Haul WDM market was up 20% from its previous quarter, exemplifying a strong growth in this market.
“Our reports indicate the Long Haul market is experiencing another growing cycle and we expect this market to continue to expand over a couple of years,” said Eve Griliches, Principal Analyst at ACG Research. “Infinera is well positioned to sustain its number one rank in this market, especially with the Infinera DTN-X platform coming to the market.”
In 2011, Infinera experienced growth globally, adding 16 new customers for a total of 98 customers worldwide during this period. In addition to new customers, Infinera-s customers purchased multiple products across multiple applications.
“We are pleased to see further evidence validating Infinera-s strategy of focusing on our customers- success,” said Tom Fallon, Infinera CEO. “Infinera-s Digital Optical Network solution enables multi-Terabit optical networks solutions that are simple, scalable and efficient. These results reflect the trust our customers continue to place in us.”
Infinera specializes in Digital Optical Networking solutions that are designed to continually improve the economics of optical networking by combining the speed of optics with the simplicity of digital. Infinera is unique in its use of breakthrough semiconductor technology: Large Scale Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC). Infinera-s platforms leverage PIC technology to provide customers with a service-ready architecture that enables faster time-to-revenue and greater profitability through network efficiency and the ability to rapidly deliver differentiated services without reengineering their optical infrastructure. For more information, please visit .
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements relating to Infinera-s Digital Optical Network solution enabling multi-Terabit optical networks solutions that are simple, scalable and efficient and that the results reflect the trust customers continue to place in Infinera. These forward looking statements are based on our current expectations. Actual results may vary materially from these expectations as a result of various risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, aggressive business tactics by our competitors, our dependence on a single product, our reliance on single-source suppliers, and our ability to respond to rapid technological changes. Further information about these risks and uncertainties, and other risks and uncertainties that affect our business, is contained in the risk factors section and other sections of our annual report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 1, 2011, as well subsequent reports filed with or furnished to the SEC. These reports are available on our website at and the SEC-s website at . Infinera assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements.
For media and analysts:
Tel. (916) 595-8157
Tel. (408) 716-4879
- Infinera Leads North America Terrestrial Long Haul WDM Transport and ROADM Market in 3Q11 Assumes Number Three Position Worldwide According to Infonetics Research...
- InfoTrends Report Ranks Roland DGA Corp. Number One in the North American Durable Graphics Printing Market Celebrating Its 30th Anniversary, Roland Is Recognized for Best-In-Class Service, Marketing and Customer Support...
- Infinera to Participate in CableLabs(R) Summer Conference SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/02/11 -- Infinera (NASDAQ: INFN), a leading provider of digital optical communications systems, will showcase its industry-leading photonic integration solutions at the CableLabs® Summer Conference next week. The conference, scheduled August 8th through August 9th, takes place at the Keystone Resort and Conference Center in Keystone, Colorado.At the Summer Conference demonstration area, Infinera product and technology experts will highlight the features ...
- Infinera-s “What the Network Will Be” Webcast Set for September 15th SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/12/11 -- Infinera (NASDAQ: INFN) today announced it will make a major technology announcement this week that will redefine how optical transport networks are designed, built, and managed. Set for September 15, 2011 at 10:00 am PDT, the announcement will include a complementary webcast featuring Infinera-s CEO Tom Fallon, as well as service provider leaders and customers.The webcast will be accessible as follows:Webcast: "What the Network Will Be" ...
- Infinera Opens Hong Kong Office for Asia Pacific Customers Facility Aimed at Demonstrating Digital Optical Network Innovation as Infinera Expands in APAC...