Genius Project Version 7.0 Changes the Project Information Management GamePicture Gallery, SaaS, Software Thursday, 1. March 2012
MONTREAL and GENEVA — (Marketwire) — 03/01/12 — today released a new version of its that improves communication by adapting the collaborative energy of social networking to the business world-s more structured processes without sacrificing either flexibility or proper management controls.
Genius Project Version 7.0 includes a new range of collaboration features in the Genius Project interface similar to those on familiar social media sites such as LinkedIn and Facebook. The new single-page view — akin to a social media wall — aggregates updates and statuses without jumping from email to calendars, to reminders, to project management applications. It gives project team members instant access to vital information, including:
pending action items;
records and documents; and
project members- pending tasks and schedules.
The new collaboration tools streamline users- interaction with the application and make it easier for new users to learn and adopt. The Genius Project 7.0 interface organizes information as configurable “stacks” of communications that can be sorted and filtered to highlight items that are due or overdue, need immediate replies, etc. It includes calendars and an interactive timeline that enables users to check a project-s status at any time in the process by clicking on it. The interface will also include basic project management functions such as submitting time, making a request, updating statuses or starting an approval cycle.
New information management functionality behind the Genius Inside Version 7 interface enables each project team member to search, sort and customize their information views. Improvements to the Project Filtering option enable users to easily switch between single and multi-project work view. Personal project filters enable them to define their own criteria of what type of projects they want to see. This reduces the information overload and improves usability.
Genius Project 7.0 also includes:
a new project creation wizard that allows users to include all attributes and automatically creates plans and budgets;
drill-down for viewing resource allocation by project and by resource;
easier access to the setup, other modules and other databases;
form design improvements where information can be redesigned for easy scanning and reading; and
improved visual indicators and easy navigation through embedded links.
“Project management is almost synonymous with information management, and the amount of information that every member of a project team handles can be staggering,” said Christophe Borlat, managing director, sales and marketing at Genius Inside. “Providing an aggregated, customizable view eliminates a lot of busy work that wastes time and also creates opportunities to make mistakes and miss deadlines.”
Genius Inside-s Genius Project family of enables organizations to manage and prioritize product ideas; ensure that the best resources are working on the most promising projects; and facilitate on-time project delivery. Genius Project Enterprise, Genius Project Domino and Genius Project On-Demand support the complete lifecycle of new product development projects by supporting dispersed project teams through its powerful web-based capabilities, configurable dashboards and reports, and powerful workflow engine designed to map to an organization-s business structure.
Genius Inside will demonstrate Genius Project Version 7.0 at its Genius Inside User Summit 2012, March 1, 2012 in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information:
Established in 1997, Genius Inside develops project management software that improves project selection, planning, staffing, execution and tracking. More than 60,000 users at 600 customers across the globe use Genius Inside-s proven Web- and IBM Lotus Notes-based solutions. They are supported by European and North American offices and a global reseller network.
To learn more about Genius Inside, visit:
On the Web:
PM box Project Management Blog:
+41 (0)21 310 70 00
- Wash Tec Cleaning Technology Selects Genius Project for Domino as Its Primary Project Management Solution German-Based Manufacturer Simplifies Development by Consolidating Documents in a Single Location...
- Genius Project Helps Honda-s Research Institute Manage Research Projects for Developing Intelligent Systems European Office Selects Genius Inside Project Portfolio Management Solution...
- Genius Inside Gives Loxam Greater Insight and Tighter Management Over IT Projects Spread Across Europe Europe-s Largest Machinery Rental Company Consolidates All IT Project Management in Genius Project Solution...
- Genius Inside Clocks Second Consecutive Year of Growth as Final 2011 Numbers Roll In Demand for Project and Portfolio Management Solutions Defies Slow Economy; 2012 Outlook Strong for SaaS, Asia-Pac Growth...
- Genius Inside Passes Halfway Mark of 2011 With Higher Income and Broader Customer Base Software-as-a-Service Earnings Lead Double-Digit Growth While New Customers Such as McGill University Adopt Project Portfolio Management Solutions...