Irish Firm Nualight Announces $100 Million Lighting Alliance With American Company Hussmann During Taoiseach-s St. Patrick-s Day Washington VisitMicro-electronics & Nanotechnology Monday, 19. March 2012
WASHINGTON, DC — (Marketwire) — 03/19/12 — Nualight, a leading specialist in lighting for food retail, has announced a $100 million opportunity with Hussmann, a global manufacturer of refrigerated display merchandisers and refrigeration systems. The announcement was made today during the Taoiseach-s St. Patrick-s Day visit to Washington.
The deal represents a new co-development alliance between Nualight, an Enterprise Ireland supported company, and Hussmann to develop and provide visual merchandising solutions to food retailers. The collaboration will support Nualight-s ongoing expansion plans and enhances the company-s reach into North, Central and South America. The combined strength of these two market leaders enables Hussmann and Nualight to target the rapidly growing market for refrigerated merchandisers and LED lighting in North America.
The Taoiseach Enda Kenny welcomed Nualight-s announcement with Hussmann, stating it showed the business expansion opportunities that existed in the United States for dynamic, ambitious Irish companies and the importance of the Ireland – US relationship.
“I congratulate Nualight and Hussmann on this announcement. Nualight is a prime example of the type of innovative, high-tech Irish company that continues to win new business in important markets such as the US. Nualight clearly demonstrates how innovative Irish companies can set themselves apart from global competitors by focusing on providing customer-focused, high-quality products.”
Liam Kelly, CEO of Nualight, said the deal had huge potential for both firms and would allow them to combine sales and marketing resources to develop new business opportunities and reduce costs. “Nualight has become a global company with in excess of 200 employees in just five years. Digital lighting is not a commodity and its introduction into refrigerated display environments is not simply a matter of bulb replacement. Each display case presents a unique set of characteristics. The collaboration of our two companies and the convergence of case innovation with digital lighting are now setting the standard for food merchandising excellence.”
“Our alliance with Nualight fits well, strategically, with our corporate mission to help food retailers sell more products to their customers,” said Mike Higgins, Senior Vice President Marketing, Strategic Planning and Business Development. “This alliance brings together the innovation and technology development of two leaders who understand merchandising solutions for the food retail industry.”
The newly expanded EcoShine II family, which was developed by Hussmann and Nualight, offers versatility to deliver retailer specific lighting solutions. Flexibility within the product portfolio and platform provide lighting alternatives that enhance every retailer-s food merchandising strategy. The bright, more vibrant and uniform lighting distribution provided by EcoShine II increases the visual appeal of food products. The full EcoShine II product line offers more flexibility, more configurability and unique merchandising technologies to attract, guide and influence a shopper-s experience. In addition to the visual merchandising appeal of LED lights, there are substantial energy savings compared to fluorescent lighting energy costs. LED fixtures allow energy savings of more than 60 percent and reduce maintenance costs due to their longer life cycle.
Nualight also recently announced a partnership with Sainsbury-s for a significant LED lighting programme in refrigerated cases across all the retailer-s new and refurbished stores. Other retailers who are benefitting from Nualight-s LED technology and expertise include The Co-operative Group, Tesco, Morrisons, M&S, Migros, Tengelmann and Coop Switzerland.
Led by Dr. Liam Kelly, a leading authority in LED lighting, Nualight is funded by Climate Change Capital, ESB Novus Modus, 4th Level Ventures and the Quinn retail family. This unique combination of LED technology, cleantech expertise and food retail experience makes Nualight a powerful partner for retailers who wish to drive footfall to their food displays while delivering on their sustainability agenda.
Hussmann Corporation is a leading manufacturer of refrigerated display merchandisers and refrigeration systems for customers throughout the world. The company serves a variety of customers involved in food retail, including supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores and foodservice establishments. For more information about Hussmann, please visit
Nualight is an LED applications specialist with a core focus on food retail lighting. Through pioneering technology and a deep understanding of how lighting translates into retail gain, Nualight is the partner of choice for leading food retailers throughout the world. For more information on Nualight and its award winning lighting products, please visit .
Q4 Public Relations
+ 353 (0)1 4751444
+ 353 (0)86 1940057
- Be Part of a Traditional Irish Festival Live From Cork, Ireland During the SF St. Patrick-s Day Parade Today Live HD Broadcast During San Francisco St. Patrick-s Day Parade of Traditional Irish Music, Dance and Song Broadcast on Ustream at 1pm-3pm PDT...
- GreenWave Reality and Leedarson Lighting Collaborate to Expand Innovative, Connected Lighting Solution Partnership to Deliver Wide-Range of Intelligent Connected Lamps and Fixtures...
- Xicato to Present at J.P. Morgan LED Lighting Symposium SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/06/11 -- Xicato Inc., a recognized leader in LED modules for general illumination, announced today that Menko Deroos, CEO, will speak at the upcoming J.P. Morgan LED Lighting Symposium to be held in New York City on Thursday, September 8, 2011. A recording of this event can also be viewed from the Company-s website beginning September 9, 2011, at . Management will also be available to meet with interested investors in one-on-one meetings at the symposium.Pres...
- Audio Video Systems Named the Top Small Technology Company in Washington, D.C. Region CHANTILLY, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/06/11 -- Audio Video Systems (AVS), a design, engineering and systems integration firm, has been named the No. 1 Small Technology Company in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Region for 2011 by the Washington Business Journal.This is the sixth year in a row that AVS was ranked in the top ten, moving up from last year-s No. 2 spot. Companies named to The Washington Business Journal list are ranked by revenue in the D.C. metro region, and employed less than 15...
- Infocast-s Smart Lighting Partnering Summit Over 52 Million Street and Road Lights Will Be Replaced Over the Coming Decades, Creating an Enormous Opportunity for the Smart Lighting Industry...