Tagged Acquires Social Game Discovery Company WeGameInternet Wednesday, 21. September 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, CA — (Marketwire) — 09/21/11 — , the social network for meeting new people, today announced the acquisition of WeGame, a San Francisco based game discovery startup.
“WeGame has built a compelling social gaming and discovery business. Their creative direction and expert execution will help further accelerate our growth trajectory at Tagged,” said Tagged-s CEO Greg Tseng. “The WeGame team will immediately begin to contribute to our product and game studio teams, helping extend our industry leadership in social discovery.”
WeGame was founded in 2007 as a new kind of social gaming application company. WeGame and its talented team make gaming experiences easier to discover and share. Tagged will reveal more about the use of WeGame-s technology in the coming months. For now WeGame users can continue to use the client as usual.
“Joining Tagged offers us an opportunity to tackle the social discovery and games space on a larger scale,” said WeGame CEO and founder Jared Kim. “Both companies understand and are energized by enabling more people to discover, meet, share and play online. The WeGame team is excited about the prospect of reaching and improving social options for Tagged-s more than 100 million users.”
“This acquisition is a great outcome for Jared, his team and investors,” said Tony Conrad, founding team member & Venture Partner at True Ventures. “Personally, I couldn-t be more excited. We-ve known Greg and Tagged for a long time and are impressed with their vision and the company-s rapid growth. Bringing WeGame under the Tagged umbrella is a natural fit and will allow True Ventures the opportunity to take part in Tagged-s ascension as a social network.”
Tagged is the social network for meeting new people and has established the category of social discovery. Based in San Francisco, Tagged is an Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Company, profitable since 2008, and was recently named one of the Top 10 places to work in the Bay Area. We-re hiring and invite you to learn more at: .
Natron Communications for Tagged
- New Tagged Mobile Apps Introduce Localized Chat and Meet-Up Mobile-Only Features on Android and iPhone Encourage Deeper on-the-go Interactions...
- Uff Da and Hello There: North Dakota Revealed to Be Most Social State in the Union How You Doin-: New Jersey Crowned Most Flirtatious State...
- Actiance Partners With BDI to Host Security, Compliance and e-Discovery Events to Provide Essential Guidance on Social Media Webinar and Workshop Events Highlight the Growing Need for Security and Compliance Tools That Better Enable Social Media Use for Regulated Industries Such as Financial Services...
- Jewelry RFID tagged for inventory & security DAILY RFID recently announced the smallest RFID Tag for jewelry, designed to monitor jewelry stock location at all points in the supply chain. This RFID tag offers automatic Jewelry tracking in real time to market communities, secured storing and other areas. The 13.56MHz RFID jewelry tags offers automatic Jewelry tracking in real time, thus reducing theft and loss of jewellery. By placing trays with tagged jewelry on a customised RFID reading station (based on the DAILY DL810 reader and DL810 ...
- Kenexa Launches Game Changing Social Solutions for Recruiting Industry Leader Delivers Comprehensive Offerings That Help Companies Move From "Post and Pray" State to Proactive Social Recruiting...